Apple Raisin Crisp Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Bonappetit.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Pecans - chopped
- 6 medium Apples - peeled & cored
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
Food Preparation Instructions:
- In a small mixing bowl pour enough boiling water over the raisins to cover them.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain raisins.
- For topping, in a medium mixing bowl stir together rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in chopped pecans. Set topping aside.
- For filling, in large mixing bowl combine drained raisins, sliced apples, and sugar, then gently toss till combined.
- Transfer the filling to an ungreased 9" X 9" X 2" baking pan.
- Sprinkle the topping on the filling.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till the apples are tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm.
Vegan Dessert Serves 6