Black Banana Bread Recipe
Photo courtesy of thegreenlunchbag.typepad.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 2/3 cups Sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2/3 cup Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk
- 8 egg whites - beaten or equivalent of 4 eggs
- 1 pound black bananas (the blacker the better)
- Mash the bananas.
- Mix in sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour add eggs, alternating between them and mixing each time you add.
- Mix in the milk and yogurt.
- Turn into two nonstick 8" x 4" loaf pans or one loaf and a 12-muffin tin.
- Fill about 2/3 full.
- Let stand 25 minutes.
- Bake in a very slow oven, 250 degrees for 2 hours.