Cajun Red Beans And Rice Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Penzeys.com
- 2 cups Red kidney beans - soaked
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cup Onion - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 3/4 cup Fresh Parsley - minced
- 1 cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Red Miso
- 4 cups Freshly Cooked Brown Rice
- Chopped Scallions - garnish
- Rinse beans & drain well. Cook in 5 cups of water for 50 minutes or until tender, with the bay leaves.
- Add onion, thyme, garlic, parsley, green pepper & salt to pot, simmer over medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add miso & simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over hot rice, garnished with scallions.