California Quiche Recipe
- 1 pound Summer Squash (zucchini, yellow or mixed) - or chopped Swiss Chard or chopped mixed squash and greens
- 1/2 medium Onion - thinly sliced
- 4 egg substitute (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Fat Free Grated Cheese (sharp cheddar or Swiss)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Steam chopped squash and onion about 15 minutes in about 1 inch of water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg substitute and cheese together.
- Mash squash (don't puree as chunks are good) and add to the eggs.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- Pour into a "sprayed" baking dish and bake covered in 325F oven until set - about 30 to 40 minutes.
This Healthy Vegetarian Dish Serves 4