Capellini With Tomato Pesto Recipe
- 1 pound Capellini
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 6 ounce can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Minced Parsley
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves - pressed
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Fresh Basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Lightly toast pine nuts in 350 degree oven until golden, about 5
- To make sauce, combine the pine muts with all the remaining ingredients
except the pasta in a medium bowl.
- Bring 6 quart pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Before draining the pasta, beat 2 tablespoons of the boiling water into the
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot or drop it into a large bowl.
- Spoon on the sauce and toss quickly.
- Serve immediately.
Cholesterol Meal Serves 4