Carrot Tofu Quiche Recipe
- 4 cups Carrots - sliced
- 1 Whole wheat Pie Crust
- 2 cups Tofu - mashed
- 1/4 cup Water from the Carrots
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 small Onion - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill Seed
- 2 tablespoons Parsley - chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
Food Preparation Instructions:
- Steam the carrots until tender.
- Blend together the tofu, water, and salt.
- Use enough water to obatain a thick, creamy consistency like that of mayonnaise or pudding.
- The amount of water you use will depend on the moisture content of the tofu.
- Add the onion, dill, and parsley to the tofu cream.
- Mix well.
- Spread the tofu-carrot mixture over the crust in a 7- x 11-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 350 deg for 35-45 minutes or until set.
Vegan Meal Serves 6