Dahl Palak Recipe
(Spinach And Split Peas)
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Split Peas
- 1 pound Spinach - chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Butter or Margerine
- 1 tablespoons Ginger - fresh and
- 4 Garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- Soak split peas in 2 cups water 1
- Add turmeric and 1/2 ts salt to split
- Boil 10 mins in same water used to soak
- Add spinach and cook until most of the liquid has been
absorbed and split peas are done.
- Meanwhile, heat butter/oleo in a
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Cook until garlic is golden.
- Add Garam Masala.
- Immediately add the seasoned ginger and garlic to the
spinach/split pea mixture.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste and
Vegan Indian Dish Serves