Easy Broccoli Pie Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 cup Scallions - sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Pie Crust (9")
- 1 pack (10.5 oz) Soft Silken Tofu - drained
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Wheat Germ
- pinch Paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Saute broccoli, scallions, and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with flour and oregano and toss to coat vegetables.
- Spread over bottom of pie crust.
- Place tofu, lemon juice, tahini, nutritional yeast and soy sauce in food processor and puree.
- Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with what germ and paprika.
- Bake until center is set - about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Vegan Meal Serves 6