Eggplant Pancakes Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Mamatave.blogspot.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Minced Shallots or Onions
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 Egg Substitutes
- 1 medium Eggplant
- Prick the eggplant all over and roast it on a baking
sheet at 350F for
30-35 minutes, or until it is desiccated.
- Let it cool, then scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl
and mash it with a fork until smooth.
- Saute the garlic and shallots in a nonstick pan (with
water or a little stock if desired).
- Add this to the eggplant.
- Add the flour, baking
powder, eggs, stock, parsley, pepper, and
- Mix well.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat it to medium
- Dollop spoonfuls of the batter into the skillet and cook until golden.