Flour Tortillas Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Adventuresofaglutenfreemom.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup Water - hot
- In a large bowl, stir flours, salt and baking
- With a pastry cutter blend in shortening until resembles
- Add enough hot water to form a stiff
- Place dough on plastic wrap and form into a
cylinder, approximately 2 1/2 inches thick. Refrigerate at least 1/2
hour ( dough can be made up
a day in advance).
- Cut dough into 12 pieces. Form each
into a ball.
- On floured surface, roll each ball into flat 8-inch
- Cook on hot
ungreased griddle or skillet until lightly browned, about 30 seconds.
- Turn to other side and cook 20
Vegan Mexican Dish Serves 12