Granola Bar Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Honey or Molasses
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 3 cups Oat Bran
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, mix corn syrup, egg whites, honey and vanillan with the sugars, gradually blen in dry ingredients in the order listed.
- Spread mixture to about 1 inch depth in two 9 X 13 iinch baking pans sprayed with Baker's Joy.
- Bake 20 minutes (or microwave for 9 minutes on medium setting)
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Bars will firm up as they cool, so be sure not to overbake.