Italian Eggplant Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Recipebridge.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 small eggplant - not peeled & cut into 1" cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 Onion - cut in eighths
- 1 cup Green or Yellow Bell Pepper - chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 medium Tomatoes - chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables, except tomatoes, with garlic and seasonings.
- Spread in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and return to oven for 5 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
Low Cholesterol Side Dish - Serves 8 (1/2 cup per serving)