(Korean Noodle Recipe)
Photo Courtesy Of flickrhivemind.net
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 ounces Cellophane
- 6 Chinese Black Mushrooms
- 1/3 pound Tender Spinach Leaves
- 1 Carrot
- 1 small Zucchini
- 3 medium Mushrooms
- 2 Chinese Cabbage Leaves
- 4 Scallions
- 4 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 1 tablespoon Japanese Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Soak the Chinese mushrooms in 1 cup hot water for 20
- When they have softened, cut off the hard stems and slice
the caps fine.
- Drop the spinach into 10 cups of boiling
- Boil rapidly for 2 minutes and drain.
- Run under cold water.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as
- Peel the carrot, cut into 3 sections and then into fine
- Wipe off the fresh mushrooms and break off their
- Cut the caps into very fine slices.
- Cut the nonwoody part of the stems into matchstick
- Cut away and discard the curly, tender part of the
- Save only the V-shaped core of the
- Cut this into julienne strips.
- Cut the scallions into 2-1/2-inch
- Quarter the section with the bulb
- Combine the Chinese mushrooms, spinach, carrot,
zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage and scallions in a bowl and mix well, separating all the spinach
- Heat the vegetable oil and the sesame oil in a wok or a
10-inch saute pan over a medium-high flame.
- When hot, put in the garlic.
- Stir and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables in the bowl.
- Stir and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables
- Turn the heat to low.
- Add the drained noodles, soy sauce and
- Stir well, distributing the noodles evenly, and cook 2 to
- Taste for seasonings.
Dinner - Serves 4