Photo Courtesy of bakelab.blogspot.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Superfine Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1 cup Sesame seeds
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Combine the flour and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the oil and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- In a cup, dissolve the baking powder and baking soda in the brandy, then add to the oil mixture.
- Gradually add the flour until the dough is soft but not sticky.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Pinch off pieces of dough the size of small walnuts and form into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Dessert Serves 40