Lotus Rice Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Tastehongkong.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups Short-Grained Brown Rice -
- 1/2 cup Lotus
Seeds - dry
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup Almonds - sliced &
Food Preparation Instructions:
- Wash rice and lotus seeds and place in a pressure cooker.
- Add water and soak for 3 to 5 hours - until softened.
- Add salt and secure lid.
- On medium-high heat bring pressure up to 15 pounds.
- Lower heat and place a flame deflector or heat diffuser beneath the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow pressure to reduce.
- Mix in almonds and serve hot.
Vegan Side Dish Serves 6