Low Fat Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups canned 100% Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Applesauce, Mashed Banana or Prune Puree
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated Skim Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar - firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Ground Cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, honey and applesauce, mashed banana or prune puree.
- Pat into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- When the crust is cool, mix the pumpkin, milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and egg whites in a bowl.
- Pour into the cooled crumb crust.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
- The cooking time is approximately 1 hour, 10 minutes.
Low Fat Dessert Serves 8