Manhattan Chowder Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 28 ounces Tomatoes - canned & crushed
- 1 large Onion - chopped
- 3 medium Potatoes - diced
- 2 Carrots - diced
- 10 Parsley sprigs - chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Celery Stalk - sliced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil - cold pressed
- 5 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Wakami Sea Vegetable - dry and crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- Soup Crackers
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until the onion is transparent - about 7 minutes.
- Add the parsley, tomatoes, water, salt, pepper, bay leaf and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, nutritional yeast and wakami.
- Cook for 20 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender but not mushy.
- Wakami adds a seafood flavor.
- Crumble the soup crackers into the chowder and serve hot.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Vegan Soup Serves 6