Meatless Chili Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Meatlessdays.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 Onions - chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 3 Jalapeno Chilies - minced
- 3 cups TVP flakes or granules
- 5 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt - or season to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 16 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 6 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Cooked beans may be added near the end of cooking period - if desired
- Heat oil in large soup pot. Saute onions in oil over medium heat, stirring often, until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and jalapeno peppers - cook and stir for another minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, lower heat and cover. Simmer for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili topped with diced onions, sliced olives, avocado chunks, chopped cilantro leaves or your favorite garnishes.
Vegan Meal Serves 8