Mexican Lasagna Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Manicmommies.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 16 ounces uncooked Lasagna Noodles -
- 15 ounces corn - drained
- 2 cups Vegetarian Refried Beans -
- 3 cups Red or Green Bottled Salsa - mild or
- 3 cups fat-free Jalapeno Jack Cheese -
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 4 ounces mild diced Green Chiles - canned &
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil 9-by 14- by 2-inch deep baking
- Using small spatula, spread four uncooked lasagna noodles
with one-third of
the refried beans.
- Lay noodles length-wise, side by side, ends even, in
center of baking dish.
- Sprinkle with one-half of the corn.
- Repeat for second layer, except sprinkle beans with green
chiles instead of
- Repeat for third layer, sprinkling beans with remaining
- Top with last four noodles, remaining salsa spread
completely to edges of noodles
and remaining cheese.
- Carefully pour in vegetable broth at both
- Lightly oil 16-inch length of aluminum
- Attach foil, oiled side down, to ends of pan, tenting
foil above lasagna surface.
- Crimp foil around all edges of pan to
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Using tongs, remove aluminum foil and
- With a bulb baster or spoon, baste top of lasagna with
sauce from both ends.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 30
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15
- Slice into 10 equal pieces using sharp, serrated knife
and cutting twice to ensure easy-to-serve pieces.
Low-Fat Mexican Lasagna Recipe
Replace dairy cheese with jalapeno-style soy cheese. For milder lasagna, replace with half mozzarella for half
the jalapeno cheese.
Low-Fat Dinner Serves 10