Mushroom Noodle Casserole Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups Mushrooms - sliced
- 6 ounce Whole wheat Fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium Onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 cups Soft Tofu - mashed
- Egg Replacer to equal 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Shoyu or Tamari
- 1 cup Peas - fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- Cook pasta in boiling water till done, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Saute the onion for a couple of minutes, then add the mushrooms and thyme.
- Cook for a few minutes more.
- Place the tofu cottage cheese, egg replacer, and shoyu or tamari in a blender or food processor.
- If your tofu is firm, add 2 - 4 tbsp water to the mixture in the blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Mix together the cooked and drained pasta, the sauteed vegetables, the tofu mixture and the peas.
- Place in an oiled baking dish.
- Top with the bread crumbs and drizzle with the 2 tesapoons oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Vegan Meal Serves 4