Noodles Florentine Casserole Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Rvgoddess.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 16 ounce package Wide Egg
- 8 ounce container Low-Fat Cottage
- 8 ounce container Fat-Free Sour Cream
- 8 ounce Container Egg Substitute -
- 1 1/2 cup Low-Fat Milk
- 10 ounce package Frozen Chopped Spinach - thawed and well
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- For Crumb Topping: 2 slices white bread
- torn into small pieces
- For Crumb Topping: 2 tablespoons margarine
- In large saucepan, prepare egg noodles as label directs
- Remove noodles to saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow (13x9-inch or 3 1/2-quart) casserole dish.
- In blender at medium speed, blend cottage cheese, sour cream alternative, and
egg substitute until smooth.
- Stir together cheese mixture, milk, spinach, sugar, salt, pepper and
- Combine with drained noodles until blended.
- Spoon noodle mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes or until hot.
To prepare bread crumb
In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, melt margarine. Add bread
crumbs and cook until golden, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle crumb topping over baked
Low-Fat Dinner Serves 6