Pasta Bean Salad Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 pack Eden Spirals/Shells or Eden Udon Japanese Pasta
- 1 bunch Broccoli - cut into flowerettes (optional)*
- 1 Carrot - cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 medium Red pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 1 bunch Green onions - sliced
- 15 oz. Can Eden Navy Beans or any EDEN Canned beans -drained
- 4 Cloves garlic - peeled & pressed
- 1/3 cup Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 tablespoons Eden Umeboshi Paste
- 1/8 cup Water (or more)*
- Cook pasta as package directs, drain and cool.
- If using udon, break into thirds and cook according to package
- While noodles are cooking, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Blanch carrots and broccoli separately in boiling, salted
water for 1-3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cool water to set
- Mix pasta, beans, vegetables, pressed garlic and red
- Prepare salad dressing by mixing umeboshi paste, oil, and
garlic in a
- Add water to achieve desired
- Mix into salad.
- Serve Hot or cold.
*Variations: Omit water and replace Umeboshi Paste with Ume
taste). Green pepper can replace
Vegan Salad Serves 4 -