Pineapple Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
Heart Health Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Oat Bran
- 1 can (8 ozs) crushed Pineapple packed in juice - undrained
- 1 1/4 cups Skim Milk or substitute Soy Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar or Date Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat Pastry Flour or unbleached Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 Egg Substitutes
- Combine the milk, oat bran, and sugar, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, and stir to mix well.
- Add the bran mixture, the pineapple with its juice and the egg whites.
- Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake at 350 F for about 20 - 25 minutes - until a wooden toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before removing the muffins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Low Cholesterol Dessert