Pinto Beans And Potatoes Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups Dried Pinto Beans
3 large Potatoes - peeled and chopped
2 stalks Celery - chopped
1 large Sweet Onion - sliced
Salt to taste
- Cook beans until tender - about 20 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Canned beans are an alternative solution, with faster cooking times.
- Add potatoes and celery and cook until potatoes are tender.
- In a pressure cooker that takes anywhere from 2-8 minutes, depending how finely you chop the potatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Saute onion until browned.
- Mix in with beans and potatoes.
Low-Fat Side Dish Serves 8
Back to Top