Potato Gnocchi Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Academiabarilla.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 pounds Large Baking Potatoes
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce - your choice
Food Preparation Instructions:
- Steam the potatoes in their skins until tender.
- When they are cool enough to handle, peel and mash. Immediately add the flour and salt.
- Knead on a ightly floured board until smooth.
- Sprinkle on a little more flour if the dough sticks.
- Form into rolls about the thickness of your thumb.
- Cut into 3/4-inch sections and perss down lightly with a fork.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi and boil until they rise to the top - about 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in a warm bowl.
- Mix the gnocchi with enough sauce to thoroughly coat them.
- Extra sauce can be added at table according to taste.
Low-Fat Dinner Side Dish Serves 4