Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper - diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 small Onion - chopped
- Place pepper, garlic, onion and small amount of water in a 4-cup glass
- Microwave uncovered on High for 2 minutes and stir.
- Add quinoa and broth and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Microwave on medium (50%) for 15 minutes - then stir.
- Microwave on high another 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Grains should be pearly, with white outline visible.
- Fluff with a fork.
Low-Fat Meal Serves 4