Quinoa Sunchoke Pilaf Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Datesandquinces.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 1/4 cup Vegetable (or Chicken)
- 3/4 cup Chickpeas cooked or canned - drained and
- 1 cup Peeled, Chopped Sunchokes
- 1/2 cup Peas- fresh or frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and fill with cold water.
- Pour into a strainer, then return the
quinoa to the bowl and rinse 4 times more.
- Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the rinsed quinoa and
cook, stirring, until it cracks and pops, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the chickpeas, sunchokes, peas, and
pepper, and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 20
minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Dinner Meal - Serves 6 - 8