Rice Casserole With Pine Nuts And Tomatoes Recipe
Heart Healthy Rice Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion - chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - cut in 1/2"
- 1 large Carrot - quartered length-wise and
- 3 small Celery Ribs - cut in 1/2-inch
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Long-Grain Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Tomatoes - sliced
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Currants or Raisins
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts or Almonds
- Toasted Lemon Wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8- by 10-inch baking
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add vegetables, garlic,
herbs and 2/4 cup parsley.
- Saute over medium-high heat for 6 minutes.
- Add sugar, paprika, salt and
- Cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, water and currants or
raisins. Bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to baking dish, cover and bake until rice is tender, about 1
- Toss with pine nuts or almonds and remaining parsley.
- Garnish with lemon
Dinner Meal - Serves 6