Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Tofu-n-sproutz.blogspot.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 pounds Potatoes - pared and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 cups Skim Milk
- 2 tablespoons Light Margarine
- 3/4 cup shredded fat-free Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Onions - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Soft Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Coat a 12 x 8-inch casserole with a vegetable oil cooking
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dissolve the milk powder in the skim milk and set
- Melt the margarine in a heavy pan; add the flour and stir
- Cook over medium heat for 1 minute - it will be
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly with a wire
whisk until thickened.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce in the prepared baking
- Add half each of the potatoes, onions, and cheese, and
spread with a layer of sauce.
- Repeat except for cheese.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are
- Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bread
- Coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
Low Cholesterol Side
Dish Serves 10