Southwestern Black Eyed Peas Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Justbestrecipes.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups Southwestern Style Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Dried Black Eyed Peas
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chile Flakes - crushed
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Green onions - thinly sliced
- 2 Celery Ribs - thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- Rinse beans, cover in water & bring to a
- Cook for 3 minutes, remove from heat & let sit for 60
- Drain & rinse.
- Cover with fresh water, bring back to a boil & cook for 30 minutes.
- Drain & set side.
- Saute chile flakes in oil for 1 minute.
- Add green onions, celery, garlic & beans.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Reduce heat & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Side Dish Serves 6