Spanish Paella Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Nolacuisine.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups Sliced Green or Red Bell
- 1 cup sliced Zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced Yellow Squash
- 1/2 cup sliced Carrots
- 2 cups diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked Long-Grain Rice
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken Broth - low-fat and
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- pinch Saffron Threads
- Fresh ground Pepper and Salt to taste
Food Preparation Instructions:
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat,
heat the oil.
- Add the onion, peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash and
saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes
- Add the rice and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and saffron and bring to a
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until
rice is tender and has absorbed the broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Low Cholesterol Dinner
Meal Serves 6 (1 cup rice, 1/2 cup vegetables)