Spicy Italian Bruschetta Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of charmingitaly.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Parsley - chopped
- 3 tablespoons Basil - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic - minced
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes or 1 Red Chili - minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Breadcrumbs - if needed
- 6 slices Italian country-style bread - cut 3/4" to 1" thick & halved
- Whisk together the vinegar & oil.
- Stir in the parsley & basil.
- Add the garlic & pepper flakes.
- Leave for 2 hours to let the flavours meld.
- If the mixture seems to thin, add the breadcrumbs.
- Grill or toast the bread slices.
- While they are still warm brush with a little olive oil and spread with the bruschetta topping & serve.
Vegetarian Appetizer - Serves 4
Back to Top