Spicy Mexican Chicken Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Wn.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 8 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast halves
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese - fat-free
- 1/2 cup fine dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Egg Substitute
Food Preparation Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat an 11 x 7" baking dish with
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, parmesan, chili powder, cumin and
pepper and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of wax
paper, flatten to a
thickeness of 1/4" with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese in the middle of each
piece of chicken.
- Dip the chicken rolls in the egg substitute and then the
- Place rolls seam side down in the prepared baking
- Spray the pieces of chicken very lightly with PAM and
bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Depending on the size of the chicken pieces,
cooking time may vary.
Low Cholesterol Dinner
Meal Serves 8