Szechuan Kidney Bean Recipe
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 1 pound cans Kidney Beans (Goya
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 large Onion
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Szechuan Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vegeta (optional)
- Place pan or wok on medium-high fire and let it get
- Coat the bottom with a little sesame oil.
- Saute onions.
- Open beans and drain one can while keeping the liquid from the other.
- Take a few beans and mash with a fork (about 2 tablespoons) til creamy.
- When onions are translucent add beans, mashed beans and juice from 1 can.
- Cook for a few minutes and add szechuan sauce.
- Add Vegeta is so desired.
- Mince/crush garlic cloves and add after heat is turned off.
- Mix into beans, cover, let sit a few minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Low Cholesterol Side
Dish Serves 3