Tropical Green Beans Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Rachelleb.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans - cleaned, cut and dried
- 1 small Yellow Onion - cut in rings
- 6 cloves Garlic - peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Stalks Hearts of Palm, cut in 1/2" Rings
- 1/3 cup Diced Sun-Dried tomatoes - packed in oil
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Pine Nuts
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush a large baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the olive
- Put green beans , onion, and garlic in
dish, drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring beans at least 3 times.
- When tender, remove beans from oven
and transfer to bowl.
- Immediately drizze with vinegar.
- Add hearts of palm, tomatoes, pine nits and pepper to taste and toss.
Side Dish Serves 6