Udon Noodles with Asparagus and Cashews Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of The-foodist.com
Heart Healthy Udon Noodles Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 oz Whole Wheat Udon Noodles or
- 1 teaspoon Peanut Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cashews - dry-roasted,
- 6 oz Asparagus - steamed or 12 spears - ends
- 2 oz Fresh Pea Pods - steamed
- 1 tablespoon Dry Sherry - mixed with 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 3/4 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Steam vegetable for 3 minutes with a piece of fresh ginger
the size of a small table grape.
- Shock the vegetables in
ice water, drain and towel dry.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Cook the noodles.
They will take about 5 to 6
- Meanwhile, heat oil in wok over high
- Fry the garlic until the oil
is aromatic (1 minute or less). Reduce heat.
- Add the cashews and stir
- Add the
steamed vegetables and stir fry to heat through.
- Clear a
space in the center of the wok. Pour in the cornstarch
- The alcohol will burn about as quickly as it takes
to drain the noodles.
- Shake off some of the water but not
- Add wet
noodles to the wok. Gently
stir to form sauce.
Side Dish -
Back to Top