Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Kitchendaily.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 cups Cooked Brown Rice, refrigerated or thawed frozen,
then brought to room temperature
- 12 fresh Snow Pea Pods - cut lengthwise in three
- 10 whole canned Water Chestnuts - coarsely
- 3 Bok Choy Ribs (white and green parts) - cut in 1/2 inch
- 1 Egg - lightly beaten
- 1 medium Onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon Canola or Peanut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Oil
- 2 tablespoon Black Bean Sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-salt Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/3 cup frozen Green Peas - defrosted
- 1 large Garlic Clove - minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced Fresh Ginger - to
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
Food Preparation Instructions:
- In a small bowl, combine bean sauce, soy sauce, sugar, chili oil and salt, if desired,
then set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Stir-fry egg, breaking up with fork - transfer to a plate.
- Add snow peas, water chestnuts, bok choy, onion and green peas to the
- Stir fry 2 minutes, or until the bok choy is wilted.
- Transfer mixture to the plate containing the egg - return the pan to the
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and stir-fry just until fragrant - about 10
- Do not let them burn.
- Immediately add rice, bean sauce mixture and egg.
- Stir-fry, stirring to break up egg and mix into the rice.
- Heat through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable mixture toward the end.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve hot or lukewarm.
Low Cholesterol Side
Dish Serves 6