Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Photo Courtesy Of Mike-is-bored.blogspot.com
Heart Healthy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound lean Ground Beef
- 2 1/2 cans Zucchini - sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 2
- 1/4 cup Onion - chopped
- 2 small Tomatoes - cut up
- 6 oz. cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Cottage Cheese - low-fat
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese - low-fat
- 1 Clove Garlic - minced
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Flour
Food Preparation Instructions:
- Cook zucchini until tender, drain and set aside.
- Fry meat and onions until meat is brown onions are tender - drain fat.
- Add seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 10 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups.
- In small bowl, slightly beat egg.
- Add cottage cheese, half of shredded cheese and flour.
- In 1 1/2-qt. baking-roasting pan arrange half of the meat mixture.
- Top with half of the zucchini and all the cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining meat and zucchini.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Low Cholesterol Dinner
Meal Serves 4